Sunday, September 26, 2010

New directions and growing pains . . .

I finally feel like I'm beginning to discover my style in illustration. I think my work is really becoming more linearly defined and more limited in color palette. And, I can't seem to get away from incorporating some kind of natural element . . . I believe this last year at SCAD will reveal my calling as an artist/illustrator, and is hopefully going to be quite a growth spurt.

This started out as a doodle inspired by a dream in my sketch book, but I had fun playing around with the patterns and blue ink.








Nesting
pen & ink
Another drawing that I just decided to develop a little bit more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Catherine, I absolutely LOVE the first image, with the man running with the deer! That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, it's actually a girl! you can't see her breast because of the angle of the arm . . . i hope she's not too masculine :/

    ReplyDelete