Wednesday, March 23, 2011

F-f-f-f-finals!

Closing page for my portfolio with a Texan twist ;)
Ad for the event Blues on the Green in Austin
Goose Girl book spread without color
Goose Girl book spread colorized :P


These are a few of my final projects from my winter quarter at SCAD. All of these were done in ballpoint pen, and then later digitally colored. As much as I love watercolor, Photoshop seems to be growing on me due to fast-paced deadlines.
 The first is my closing page for my Portfolio Class, which will be the last page presented in my printed portfolio. Because I'm from Texas, I felt that I should represent - in this case, the Jackalope. I think I'm going to explore drawing more variety of animals in my spare time; so fun!

I suppose I was on a Texas kick when I decided to illustrate an ad for Blues on the Green in my Vector Illustration class. I had some fun and did a pun  on Edouard Manet's  Le déjeuner sur l'herbe (Luncheon on the Grass) with the placement of the figures and a little bit of editing. I felt that the mood was so fitting. The last 2 images were also from my Portfolio Class. I chose to illustrate a less popular Grimm fairytale, The Goose Girl. This image would be for a children's book, but the story is a bit dark in nature . . . I love it. It's a little lengthy, but it's the perfect revenge story! The actual size of the drawing took a long time using ballpoint pen, but I really would like to continue illustrations for this fairytale. Maybe others too!



No comments:

Post a Comment