Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For a cookbook in the making, perhaps.

Curiouser & Curiouser book cover art
(going to add my own text later to flex my typography skills)
Baby bella mushrooms & garlic (interior vignette illustration)
Eggplant & tomatoes (interior vignette illustration)

These 3 illustrations are the first few pieces of my portfolio development. Because I enjoy cooking so much, I entertained the idea of using my love for both drawing and cooking. I am actually taking the idea of publishing my own cookbook much more seriously. I mean, why not do it? The title of my book would be Curiouser & Curiouser, featuring recipes that I have created along with family recipes that collected and I tweaked to make a little bit more health conscious. 

All of the images were done in ball point pen, but I used watercolor for the cover as well. The vignettes were left in black in white because they probably would be printed as such if (or possibly when!) my cookbook would be published. This is so exciting!

1 comment: